January 6: People's Choice Awards
January 17: Golden Globes
January 23: SAG Awards
January 31: Grammy Awards
February 7: Super Bowl XLIV
February 12-18: 2010 Winter Olympics
March 7: Academy Awards
March 15: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
March 27: Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards
That seems particularly crowded.
...I can't believe I noticed this density and then spent time preparing the list, particularly since I plan to watch only the Oscars, the Super Bowl half-time show (Pete and Roger!), and maybe some curling.* However, I do find it disgusting that the American public consistently watches celebrities being given awards to add to their ridiculous money and fame. I can understand wanting to recognize talent, but must we do it with such expensive sets, outfits, and goodie bags? If we took all the money that would otherwise go to the promotion and slime-making for the Kids' Choice Awards (because what kid should be staying up to watch TV on a Sunday night anyway?) and put it toward supplying the Haitians with food, water, and medical attention, I would have a lot more faith in my country.
*Am I kidding? Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment