Thursday, January 14, 2010

Time for a Change

This is a little late in coming, but I suppose I might as well "publicize" (put on a blog that hardly anyone knows about) my "resolutions" (goals I will rarely if ever attain) for the new "year" (semester, really, because we all know that summer messes everything up).

So, without further ado but with many split infinitives, the list for 2010 (effective on the 18th):
  1. To not stay up past 2am
  2. To not sleep past 11am
  3. To stop vegging out, particularly on desert items
  4. To stop eating those deceptively delicious fried vegetable sticks altogether
  5. To continue not drinking soda (negated by my increasing intake of sugared coffee anyway)
  6. To work out at least three hours a week
  7. (Corollary to #3 and #5: To see actual results on this lump of flesh I inhabit)
  8. To learn to knit cables, particularly on fingerless gloves
  9. To read at least a poem a day
  10. To write poems that are worthy of submission to the wide, if dwindling, world of publishing
  11. To live deliberately
  12. To enjoy myself
The ever pessimistic crystal ball says... only #8 will find fruition. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment