You know you've switched from a college athletic center to a YMCA in Connecticut when the televisions in front of the ellipticals are permanently turned to Fox News and some stocks-and-investment channel instead of E! and the Food Network.
On a related note: We recently acquired AT&T U-Verse, so now I can watch the aforementioned Food Network while not huffing and puffing and cursing whatever sadist enjoyed working out to "Cupcake Wars" before my turn on the treadmill. (Though as it turns out, the suspense of pastry competitions—what will the judges think of avocado frosting?!—makes for a rather good incentive to keep running through the next commercial break. Especially when compared to line graphs involving capitalized abbreviations and little arrows.)
Also, what gym has only one rowing machine? I realize there are many lakes in which I could actually go rowing in, but that involves tying a canoe to the car and wearing a lifejacket, which are even less appealing than waiting awkwardly around for the sixty-year-old men and pre-teen girls (the only members whom I have seen using said rower) to finish their stroking workouts.
Ha, there's a euphemism to add to the arsenal.
No comments:
Post a Comment